We’re hosting a Weight Loss Before and After 30 Day Challenge! You can do the challenge however way you’d like but official rules of participation are below:
- Sign-up to participate in our Official 2021 Weight Loss Challenge here.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a before photo and your current weight.
- Thirty (30) Days after your original submission, submit another photo with your new weight.
Submit your photos for a chance to win a healthy snack box! Note that this challenge is not based on just the most weight loss but rather we’re looking to select the top 3 most inspirational stories to share with our readers. If we select your submission, you’ll get a large healthy snack box free from us!
Below are some of our tips for a successful challenge. How do you start a weight loss before and after 30 day challenge?
First step is to start with a plan
Diet and exercise will both be important. But studies have shown your diet is much more important.
This is particularly true for men and women aiming for a total weight loss 50 pounds. If you’re starting out heavier, changing your diet will be more effective and also easier on your joints.
What are you supposed to eat you may ask? Below is a great start to healthy foods to choose from.
Most “diets” tend to fail as a lot of them are unsustainable. So you want to find foods you enjoy that are still healthy.
Here is a good resource for beginners dieting & running for weight loss.
What kind of foods do you enjoy that you think is healthy? We’ll help evaluate and research if your food choices are healthy and respond to your ideas!
Second Step is you want to track your progress.
Though your weight may not change in 24 hours, studies have shown those who weigh themselves regularly tend to control their weight better.
You want to start with a weight loss percentage calculator to determine how much weight you should lose in proportion to your body. A good weight loss calculator can be found here:
Weight Loss Calculator
Free Weight Loss Planning Calculator for Women & Men (calculators.org)
# of Calories You Should Intake to Reduce Weight
Once you know approximately how many calories you should be eating, it’s ideal to plan out your meals. Understandably, you may not be able to plan out your meals all the time. But at the very least, keep track of what you eat throughout a day.
A journal is a good way to start or you can try using an calorie tracker app.
When you’re doing a weight loss 30 day challenge, you want to take a weight loss before and after picture so you also see how your body changes after 30 days. 30 days is normally a good benchmark to evaluate how you’re doing.
You DON’T need to show this picture to anyone. And if you choose to chose your before and after picture later, it can be a HUGE inspiration to others.
Here are some before and after photos of other people who have found success with their weight loss 30 day challenge!
Third, you want to incorporate some kind of exercise into your day.
Exercise is important to keep your body healthy and burning more calories even as you’re resting. Exercise is especially important for people looking for a weight loss 50 pounds or more you’re able to burn more calories with more weight.
Some easy ways to start exercising is:
- Walking! Lace up your shoes, go outside and take a walk!
- Swimming – If your body is heavier in the beginning, swimming is a very good, low impact exercise that will exercise your muscles under water
- Weight Loss Yoga – Taking a yoga class or stretching your muscles and bodies is a great way to burn a lot of calories without too much strain on your joints.
One thing to keep in mind is you’ll get hungrier when you exercise. So this is when it’s even more important to replenish lost calories and hunger with good, healthy food that is high in nutrients to keep you full throughout the day.
For me, I started just by walking for 30 minutes a day. In just a couple days, I found myself jogging and then going faster and longer each day. I also built in a few days of weight-lifting that really helped me build some lean muscle to burn more calories even when I’m resting.
Finally, you want to build consistency.
They say it takes up to anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months to really create a habit. For dieting and exercise, it may take longer for some than others.
But the most important thing is to build consistency BEFORE your weight loss 30 day challenge. Begin by starting to exercise, starting to cook, or starting to try new and healthier food options.
You want to also be able to find foods that you can enjoy also so it’s sustainable.
For me, it took a lot of intentional research and trying out different foods to discover that I actually really enjoy healthy, nutritious foods I had never known before.
These new foods I found were: Cauliflower Rice, Quinoa, Tuna, Chicken Breast, and Steamed Broccoli. For snacking, I found some low-calorie Popcorn Chips that were high in fiber and also started snacking on fruit (apples and bananas). I never thought I’d really enjoy these foods but I did!
30 Day Weight Loss Challenge FAQ
Of course, we’re going to have a FAQ. We’re the FAQ site!
- What about weight loss lemon water? Is there any correlation of lemon water with weight loss? Lemons are rich in Vitamin C and many people have shared how it’s been a great drink to have throughout the day. At the end of the day, it’s still about calories in vs calories out, but here is some great info on Lemon benefits.
2. What should I do when weight loss plateaus? Sometimes we may need to rest or let our body adjust to the changes we’re undertaking. But even when there are days or even weeks where you’re not seeing a significant weight loss, continue to be patient! And more importantly, this is where step 1 and step 2 are important. Did you use the weight loss calculator? Are you keeping track of how many calories you’re consuming each day?
3. What about weight loss during pregnancy? We can’t speak into this, but generally we believe weight loss during pregnancy is NOT a good idea and something you should for sure consult with your doctor. You can always work on losing the weight after you give birth. But a healthy child is more important and it’s normal to gain weight when you have to feed another human being in your tummy!
4. What should I do to achieve a weight loss of 50 pounds or more? It’s important to consult your doctor or physician before you go on any weight loss plan. But usually, diet and exercise is the best way to go. If you have 50 pounds or more to lose, there may be easier, low-hanging steps you can take immediately to see results quicker. For example, if you drink soda, try cutting it out or replacing with a healthier substitute (such as flavored, carbonated water). If you’re eating a lot of fast food, try cooking and planning your meals at home.
5. Where can I find more weight loss before and after pictures for inspiration? Pinterest is full of inspiration weight loss before and after pictures. But the most inspirational before and after picture will be your own! So take a photo of yourself today and get excited for the “after” photo you’ll take when you’ve gone through this challenge and made some significant life changes that will help you be a new, healthy you that you’ll love.